I'm Excited For: Films of 2017

This post has gone up a little later than I originally planned but it kind of worked in my favour as I planned to pick ten films I wanted to watch in 2017, but I've already seen two of the movies on that list - A Monster Calls and La La Land - so I only need to write about eight:


Spider-Man: HomecomingLet's start with Marvel - obviously - and I'm stupidly excited for this film because I can't wait to see Tom Holland as Spider-Man again. I loved his scenes in Captain America: Civil War and the trailer looks incredible. I can't decide which Marvel film I'm most excited for this year!



Thor: Ragnarok: Yay, another Marvel movie! It's time for the third Thor film. I'm very excited that we're getting more Loki in this movie (yay, Tom Hiddleston!) and I can't wait to see how this follows on from the last Avengers film, seeing as Thor wasn't present for Captain America: Civil War.


Beauty and the BeastI love a Disney film and with how much I adored the live-action version of Cinderella in 2015, I am willing this movie to be just as good. I also love Emma Watson, I think she'll make a great Belle. I'm not too sure about Ewan McGregor as Lumiere though, I need convincing!


DunkirkThere are some brilliant actors in this film, including Tom Hardy and Kenneth Branagh, and it's such an important story to bring to everyone. I think this will be a hard film to watch, as with a lot of movies like this that are based on true events, but I can't wait to watch it.


Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Oh, and here's another one! Marvel are bringing out some amazing films this year. Baby Groot is just fantastic so I can't wait to see him like this throughout the film. Again, the trailer for this already makes it look incredible, I just know that I'm going to love it.


Kong: Skull Island: The trailers for this look amazing, I've been looking forward to seeing this since I heard they were filming it. There's not long to wait for this one either as it's out in March. It looks action-packed and has a great cast, including Tom Hiddleston (bonus!)


LoganOh look, it's another Marvel film on my list! It's Hugh Jackman's final film as Wolverine, so I have high hopes for this movie to be one last, big hurrah to this legend. I am a massive X-Men fan so I can't wait to see what they do with this one.


Wonder Woman: It's another superhero movie, but this time it's DC. So many superhero films have a male hero so it will be a nice change to have a woman. We've already had a preview of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, so it'll be good to see a whole film of her.

There are others that I'm excited to see (The Lost City of Z, Star Wars Episode VIII, Justice League...) but these are the top ones that I'm most excited for.

What films are you looking forward to seeing in 2017?

2 comments

  1. Yes to Spiderman! So pumped for that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I've only just seen this comment! I know, the Homecoming trailer looks amazing. I think Tom Holland is going to be a brilliant Spider-Man!

      Delete