Film Review: Bastille Day


Another film review for you all. Our regular Friday night trip to the cinema took us to see Bastille Day this week, starring Idris Elba and Richard Madden. I'm a fan of both of these, as I love Elba in Luther and the Thor films (yay, Marvel) and Richard Madden from Game of Thrones (yay, it's starting again - not with Madden though) and Cinderella.



I didn't know too much about this film when we went to see it, just that Madden was a pick-pocket who ended up being caught up in an apparent terror plot and Elba was an officer who went out looking for him.

When the bomb went off in the film I found it a little hard to watch, as it went off in a street in Paris and killed 6-7 people in the area. It took my mind right back to the attack in Paris not too long ago and made me feel a little uncomfortable to watch. It's hard when it's a film but yet it's so real and possible.


There was some great action scenes, especially the chase over the rooftops and through the street below. I won't give away too much, although it has quite a predictable storyline in places, but I would recommend it to people who like this kind of action film.

I would give this film:


It was action-packed and the acting was good, but I kind of wish that Madden and Elba were kept as British. It wasn't that their American accents were bad, but they are both British and could have just been kept that way... Maybe that's just me.

Have you seen this film? If not, will you?

No comments