Week 3 & 4: Tone It Up 2016 Challenge


A fortnight ago I posted on my blog about my first two weeks of the Tone It Up 2016 challenge (see that post here). I am so pleased to be able to say that I have stuck with it and have made it to the end of week 4, so I'm halfway through the challenge now.

I have noticed some many improvements in myself already, especially having more energy. I feel more toned and I can go for longer in a cardio session now (not because I was stupidly unfit before, I just couldn't be bothered and didn't have the will power, but now I do!)

So here are my updates for weeks 3 and 4...


Day 15: I completed the Bodyweight HIIT routine first thing this morning and then treated myself to a chocolate TIU pancake!


Day 16: I completed the new Toned Arms routine, but I didn't have the mini bands that the workout suggests you use, so I tied the two ends of one of my resistance bands together and used that. I then did a 45 minutes session of dance aerobics. Dance aerobics is definitely one of my favourite cardio workouts.


Day 17: The Kettle Booty workout was my morning workout, followed by Hustle & Sweat. The Kettle Booty routine is one of my favourites from this challenge.


Day 18: I completed the Total Body Tone Up first thing this morning (my favourite workout) and then did half an hour of yoga before bed.


Day 19: I did the HIITy Bitty workout this afternoon, followed by the 5 minute abs routine (three times through - so 15 minutes)


Day 20: Another dance aerobics session and the Toned Arms routine from Tuesday.


Day 21: I completed 5k but I had to walk in rather than run. The previous afternoon I slipped over in the kitchen (on what I'm not sure, I have no idea how I did it apart from the fact that I'm just very clumsy!) and hurt my right ankle. I didn't want to make it any worse by running on it so I walked the distance instead. As I wrote on the TIU community page, feel free to laugh at my expense. (Note: I am OK, it was just a bit sore through Saturday night and Sunday, but come Monday morning it didn't hurt!)


Day 22: A morning walk, followed by the Bodyweight HIIT routine and foam rolling to stretch it out.


Day 23: I completed the new Band Burner routine and followed it up with the Total Body Tone Up workout. I then posted my midway point selfie to the TIU team and community. I was bowled over when I realised Karena and Katrina had liked two of my photos on Instagram, and then commented on my midway photo!


Day 24: I started my day with the Hustle & Sweat workout and the Calorie Crush Cardio routine, and then ended the day with the Foam Roller routine to stretch again (which felt amazing!)


Day 25: Today I did an hour of yoga, which was a lovely break from the full-on cardio.


Day 26: I did an hour of dance aerobics and completed the Mermaid routine.


Day 27: I worked my way through the Toned Arms routine again this morning, and in the afternoon I did the Toned & Ready routine (my new favourite Self/TIU collaboration workout)


Day 28: Sunday means 5K! I went out and completed this in the morning, and then went shopping to sort my meals for the week. I love meal prep day because I like to be organised and have a menu for the week.



No comments