Week 1 & 2: Tone It Up 2016 Challenge


I've been taking part in the Tone It Up 2016 challenge, an eight-week fitness plan that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago (you can find it here).

I have followed some of the plans before, having been a fan of theirs for a few years now. But this year I've decided to start 2016 with that bit more effort and I am happy to say that I am already seeing the results!

I feel so much better in myself and I'm starting to see ab lines (how cool is that?!) and have a lot more energy and will power to stay on track. That's all in just a fortnight!

So I thought I'd share with you some parts of my fitness journey so far and some photos from my workout journal that I keep on the Tone It Up website in the community section and post to my Instagram.


Day 1: The HIITy Bitty workout was hard work but it set up my expectations for the first week!


Day 2: The new video 'Total Body Tone Up' was released and it is now one of my all-time favourites from TIU. I then completed half an hour of Zumba using videos from YouTube.



Day 3: The Hustle & Sweat workout was a great cardio routine that I used to start my day, followed by an afternoon walk and the Bikini Buns and Thighs workout.



Day 4: An hour dance session in the evening as my cardio for the day. I'm loving Fifth Harmony, Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande right now (I'm posting a workout playlist post really soon!)



Day 5: Total Body Sculpt workout, followed by some yoga (the Bikini Yoga Flow workout).



Day 6: Two round of 'HIIT the Beach' from Tone It Up's first Beach Babe workout DVD, and then 10 transformation ab moves from their website.



Day 7: 5k walk followed by looking through healthy food recipes for the following week. I love Jamie Oliver's Everyday Super Food book.



Day 8Total Body Tone Up and then an hour of dance aerobics. This was another great way to start the week, with an intense hit to motivate me for the rest of the week.


Day 9: Power Intervals to start the day, followed by the new workout (Kettle Booty) in the evening. Kettle Booty is also now one of my all-time favourites, I really felt it working.



Day 10Bodyweight HIIT in the afternoon (I was out of the house earlier than usual this day so I had to put my morning workout on hold and move it to the afternoon). I also added in yesterday's Kettle Booty as an extra, just because I loved it so much.



Day 11: The Mermaid workout is an older video but still a great one, especially for your abs! I felt it the next day! I also received my protein order this week. Living in the UK means it's hard for me to get TIU's own-brand protein, Perfect Fit. So I went for The Protein Works (anyone wanting a free bag of protein (250g) or a free protein snack box with their first order can use my reference code: JB941143)



Day 12I completed 2.4 miles (fast-paced walk) and the 5 Minute Abs workout three times through. 



Day 13I completed the Kettle Booty workout for a third time this week (I love it!) and then did the Stretching Routine. It was meant to be a foam roller routine but I don't have a roller yet, so I swapped for a stretching one instead.



Day 14The final day of Week 2 is what TIU calls 'SYC', which stands for Spin, Yoga, Class. You choose a class to go to such as spin or yoga, or a different class on offer. Sunday is a busy day for me, prepping for the following week's meals, getting ready for the next working week, studying for my university courses and planning what I need to do for my studies for the following week too. So I normally do 'SYC' at home, choosing a yoga workout online or doing some other kind of cardio. As long as it lasts 40-60 minutes then it counts. Today I did 5 miles, and then two yoga videos on YouTube.


No comments