Film Review: Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials

 
This is another film that I have been eagerly anticipating for a while now, so I went on opening night this week (I spent a lot of time at the cinema this week, seeing 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E' for a third time (review here) and 'Legend' which just opened (review here).


I feel a bit bad because I don't have that many great things to say about this. I enjoyed it, having really liked the first movie, 'The Maze Runner', but nothing really stood out for me.

There was always something happening, and the story moved along well, but I just found myself wishing I was somewhere else during parts. I think part of this was due to not completely remembering where the previous film left off and I couldn't recall everything that happened, so I think I spent the first twenty minutes trying to remember it all. I really should have watched it again before we went but I just didn't have time last week.
 

The one thing I will say is that the 'zombie' characters definitely lived up to the way I imagined them. They were almost too realistic for a film targeted at children in their early teens. There was one scene that I actually jumped almost out of my seat. I then proceeded to sit curled up in a ball with me feet on my chair, leaning into Clay for the next fifteen minutes until they were safe. The lady sitting next to me - in yet another packed cinema screen - jumped much more than I did, so I'm glad I wasn't the only terrified person in there. I think it's safe to say that if I was in this movie I wouldn't survive for very long!
 
 
I would rate this:

I liked this movie, but I didn't love it. I wish I had re-watched the first film before I went to the cinema too. I would still recommend it, especially if you watched the first movie, or if you are a fan of 'The Hunger Games' or the 'Divergent' films.
 
 
Have you seen the first film, 'The Maze Runner'? Are you going to see this movie? Let me know what you think of it.
 

No comments