Film Review: Now You See Me 2


I loved the first Now You See Me film so I had very high hopes for this one. I love this idea of magic and illusion because you don't always know what's going on and - if you're like me - you spend all of these moments trying to work out what's really going on.

So for the second time in three days I headed back to Cineworld with my Unlimited Card to see Now You See Me 2.



It was lovely to see so many of the original cast members back for the sequel, especially Mark Ruffalo and Morgan Freeman who are two of my favourite actors. I'm also a fan of Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson. However, I was not a huge fan of Daniel Radcliffe in this film and I feel awful saying it because of how much I loved him when he was younger, but I can't seem to find anything I like him in since the Harry Potter films. I also didn't love the fact that they gave Harrelson's character a twin brother. The script could have worked with just a brother rather than a twin.

The actual story and the tricks of the film were brilliant. Again, without giving away too much because I hate to share spoilers, I won't tell you too much about the exact moments that I loved, but look out for the scene with the card during the security checks. The picture below is from that scene and it's really incredible to watch.


I'd rate this film:


I may not have liked the twin character and Daniel Radcliffe's role, but this film really was great. It had me constantly thinking and trying to work out how they had done what they'd done and with the FBI looking for them it was also very tense at times. Despite those two aspects that I wasn't very fond of it is definitely a film I would watch again.


Have you seen the first film? Will you be seeing the sequel, or have you already seen it?

No comments