Film Review: The Legend of Tarzan


I feel like I haven't been to the cinema in ages! By ages I mean over a week because that's a long time for me. But finally we booked ourselves in to see this on Friday night. We're actually off to the cinema again tonight to make up for lost time, so look out for my review of Now You See Me 2.

So we went to see the star-studded cast of The Legend of Tarzan in action a couple of nights ago and I was so excited to see it.



I obviously won't spoil anything - if you read my film reviews regularly then you'll know I hate ruining films for other people - but I loved the take on this classic tale. It was definitely a different and interesting way of looking at it and I didn't know they were going to do this until I was actually watching the film, so it was a nice surprise. I can see how some people might not like the constant flashbacks to the jungle and so on, but I loved it and it really made the story flow and broke up certain scenes, giving more information to the story.

There's also a number of humorous moments in the movie which helped to lighten the action, fighting and suspense. The scene with the gorilla and Samuel L Jackson was a particular favourite!


The line-up of actors was obviously a huge bonus. I love Christoph Waltz and Samuel L Jackson! This was only the second film I've ever seen Margot Robbie in and I loved her too. I didn't know too much about Alexander Skarsgard except for what a couple of vampire/True Blood fans had told me, but I was really impressed with his portrayal of Tarzan. I couldn't fault single cast member.


I'd give this film:


I adored the cast, the action was brilliant and I loved this version of the story of Tarzan. 


If you've seen it, what did you think? If you haven't seen it, will you?

No comments