I'm Loving: The L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Range


I saw this collection pop up on my Facebook page a week ago and I knew that I just had to try it. I'm already a fan of other shampoos and conditioners in the Elvive range, like the Fibrology Thickening set and the Nutri-gloss Crystal collection, so I had high hopes for these.

There are four products in this range, with a pre-shampoo hair masque, shampoo, conditioner, and dry shampoo. I didn't pick up the dry shampoo because, as some of you know, I have psoriasis and dry shampoos often irritate my scalp and can cause a flare-up. Also, this shampoo and conditioner claims to lengthen the amount of time between washes, so I wanted to try it out without it anyway to see if it really worked.


First of all, I must say that I love the new colour of packaging on the Extraordinary Clay range. It's still the same simple, sleek bottle design but I love this bright, turquoise colour. That has no relevance to the actual product but I just wanted to put that opinion out there.

This collection is targeting hair that is oily at the roots and dry on the ends. This would probably be beneficial for people who dye their hair because that can dry your hair out. My hair is naturally blonde and I have never used dye on it, but my hair is very thin and does often feel dry. I use an oil on the ends of my hair every other time I wash it to give it some moisture but it's still thin and prone to dryness and breakage.


So, let me go through the process of using these products. The hair masque is for using before you shampoo. This is to be put onto dry hair and worked into the scalp using your fingertips until the whole area is covered. You can then leave it on for up to five minutes (I did the full five minutes) and then rinse off. The masque is very thick and I was able to use very little, just lightly spreading it over my scalp to cover the roots of my hair. I did this mainly to see if it would irritate my psoriasis, luckily it didn't. I liked that this went on to dry hair because I could pop it on just before I was about to have a bath or a shower, get my other bathroom essentials and clothing together, and by the time I had done this it was time to wash the masque out.

One thing I will say is don't be horrified when you see your hands after applying the mask. Yes, they're blue. I had a mad panic that my scalp might be blue too but after a thorough wash with soap, the colour had gone from my hands. Also, my scalp was not blue (thank goodness!)


I then moved on to the shampoo (obviously). It is a re-balancing shampoo containing three refined types of clays that claims to give you 72 hours of 'pure, lightweight roots' and 'fluid, free-flowing lengths' with 'exquisite radiance'. I massaged this into the roots and top part of my hair before gently the excess down the roots of my hair. I always wash my hair like this rather than just bundling it all on top of my head and knotting it all up. I rinsed it out with warm water (not too hot as my psoriasis won't thank me for that), and I did this for quite a while to make sure all of the product was out. With it being that bit thicker from the clay I didn't want any residue left in my hair and making it look greasy.

I followed it up with the conditioner, running it through the length of my hair, paying particular attention to the ends. I left the conditioner to sit in my hair for two to three minutes before carefully combing it through in small sections and then rinsing it out with warm water again. I always to a cooler blast of water through my hair when I'm done, mainly because it calms my scalp down and is meant to add extra shine to your hair.


I loved the way my wet hair felt after using these products, and I wanted to avoid using heat on my hair afterwards, however I wanted to go to bed and my hair was still damp at the back so I just blasted it with the cool setting on my hair dryer to make sure I didn't apply anything too hot to it.

When my hair was dry it still felt amazing. It felt like it had a bit of a cooling effect on my scalp, or maybe it was because it seemed to have lifted the roots a little away from it. The length of my hair felt great and the ends definitely felt a lot better!

I managed to go 48 hours until my hair started looking a little greasy at the roots, but not as much as it usually would. I put that down to doing a workout and sweating and most likely, my psoriasis. I feel like I have mentioned my psoriasis a lot in this post but hair products are a big thing for me because there are so many brands that I've tried in the past and they've ended up making my scalp feel like it's on fire or I wake up the next day and it's really sore from a flare-up. I didn't notice this at all when using these products which is a bonus as I now have another shampoo and conditioner that I can add to the list of items I can use. I still use my medicated Betnovate solution around my hairline and down my parting on wet hair to combat the redness from my psoriasis but that doesn't any difference to the overall look of my hair.

I would recommend this collection to anyone who experiences oily roots and dry ends, or just dry hair in general. It smells lovely too. You can order these three products in a bundle for £10 from Boots.com and you can also find the dry shampoo there too. I would love to hear some opinions of the dry shampoo. There are dry shampoos that I have used in the past but I just try my best to not put it anywhere near the skin of my scalp when spraying it.

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair that looks and feels like it’s been through a drought can be frustrating, but dry hair is actually easier to care for than you may think. all about following simple hair care tips for success — and using the right dry hair treatments for your mane.
    Buy Loreal Paris ELVIVE Products In Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete