Film Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

 
This review is up a little later than I wanted it to be, as I saw it on Thursday and wanted it up on Friday, but I have been ill all week and I only just managed to drag myself to the cinema! I'd had the tickets booked for over a month and I wasn't about to miss it after all that waiting! I'm still not 100% now and have spent this whole weekend in bed again, but I managed to pull myself out of bed to do a few jobs - writing this being one of them!

 
As a huge fan of the trilogy of books I was obviously very excited for this. I didn't rate the third film, and wasn't very happy when they originally announced that they were splitting the third book into two films. Part 1 was not my favourite, but Part 2 was - in a word - incredible!

 
If you have read the books and you are a fan of those, then you will love this movie, because it sticks so well to the original book. But, having read them I still sat their watching it feeling on edge and wondering what would happen next, even though I knew.

The action is constant, the actors are on top form, and the ending was just as I had imagined it (like with my other reviews, I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it or read the books.)

 
The only points that I will share - if you haven't read the books - are be prepared for sad moments, and if you scare easily then look out for the scene underground in the sewers.


I think that my rating it going to be pretty obvious, as I give it:


It was a stunning, worthy ending to a fantastic film series, and I would recommend it very highly. If you've seen it then let me know what you think.

No comments