Week 4 Review: Tone It Up's '28 Days to Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous'


So, my last week of the challenge is over! It's been a really fulfilling 28 days and I have really enjoyed it and noticed the benefits. Let me tell you all about my last week of the fit, fierce, and fabulous plan.


Day 1: On Monday (13 July) I started my morning with 'Amazing Abs and Arms', followed by a breakfast of coffee and wheat flakes. I had a job interview today for a different role in my current workplace - and I got it! - and ended up missing lunch because of the timings so rather than spoiling dinner I had some fruit and a lot of water, followed by 'HIIT the High Note'. For dinner I had salmon and veggies, which was lovely!

My 'be fierce' challenge was to 'shake it', so I put on some music while I did some jobs. I love having the radio or my iPod on while I'm cooking so it was nice to have it on for longer and have a little dance.

My 'be fabulous' challenge involved scent, so I lit my Yankee Candle burner and filled my bedroom with the scent of pink grapefruit. It was lovely and refreshing.


Day 2: Today (14 July) was completely about choice. It was my choice for fitness and food, so I did my favourite Yin Yoga and had TIU pancakes in the morning. I then did 'Burn, Baby, Burn' from Week 1 as it was one of my favourites. Lunch today was a Quorn 'chicken' pitta (if you don't know what Quorn is it's vegetarian food made to look and taste like meat but contains none.) My dinner was turkey meatballs and wholemeal pasta.

For my fierce challenge I had to 'just say it' and speak my mind when I felt myself wanting to say something but holding back. I thought at the beginning of the day it might get me in to trouble but I put myself in a positive mind-set with my yoga in the morning and nothing bad came from this challenge.

For my fabulous challenge it was about going au naturel with my makeup, so I stripped back and instead of using foundation I used a lighter BB Cream by Maybelline, with just a little bit of my MAC blusher and some mascara.


Day 3: On Wednesday (15 July) I did my main workout as my booty call ('Rock It Like You Mean It') and did 'Walk Your Way To Wow' later in the day.

My breakfast was cornflakes, lunch was a tomato pasta salad, and dinner was chicken and rice.

My 'fierce' task for today was to take a 'bad habit holiday' so I focused on my habit of biting my nails and kept my fingers well away from my mouth! I think I might put false nails on tomorrow to stop me biting them and maybe they'll grow underneath.

For my 'fabulous' challenge today I had to find my power symbol. I read through my 'Quotes' board on my Pinterest page and found some really empowering lines and images.


Day 4: Today (16 July) I did 'Booty Shorts' for my booty call, with a breakfast of fruit and coffee. My lunch was a salad, which was a little bland as I forgot to buy or make dressing. In the evening I did 'HIIT the High Note' and had fish and veggies for dinner.

For my 'fierce' challenge I had to seek out my sparkle, so I spent time doing things that I love, followed by adding some actual sparkle by painting my toes with some beautiful gold glitter polish, before adding falsies to my fingers and painting those to match.

For my 'fabulous' task I had to get my imagination going, so I started to read 'To Kill A Mockingbird' as I want to reread it before I get to 'Go Set A Watchman'.

 
Day 5: It's the last day of the school term (17 July) and I was up early to do my 'Yin Yoga' again. Luckily, today is an active rest day as today is a very busy one. Breakfast was wheat cereal and tea, with lunch at work being a pesto pasta with rocket.

We went out for dinner tonight as it was the big staff meal, so I treated myself a little as it was a set menu. I chose the best from the three-course menu, which was a camembert salad (naughty cheese, I know!), scampi and fries (I only had a few chips!), and lemon tart.

To be 'fierce' today I had to revel in my achievements in the challenge so far, which put me in an even happier mood for my last day of work before six weeks off for summer.

My 'fabulous' challenge was about being sunkissed in a healthy was, so I used a shimmery bronzer and highlighter today.


Day 6: Saturday (18 July) was all about being proud as I near the end of the challenge. I did my main workout of cardio ('The Victory Lap') as my booty call, with my other favourite 'Walk Your Way To Wow' later on in the day.

My meals included Scrambled eggs, a salad, and Quorn burgers with salad and cous cous.

To be 'fierce' I took my journal out and filled in a selection of questions and comments about my body, mind, and spirit.

To be 'fabulous' I treated myself at the Next sale and picked up two new pairs of shoes, among other things (Blog post on my buys to follow!)


Day 7: My final day (19 July) started with 'HIIT and Run', and a breakfast of TIU pancakes. My lunch was cereal as I wasn't overly hungry, followed by a dinner of chicken and veggies.

In the evening I did the cardio session ('Rock It Like You Mean It'). I also sat down to plan my future as part of my 'fierce' challenge, deciding what to do next and what my next goals will be.

For my final 'fabulous' task I reviewed all of my past challenges, which was lovely as I got to look back at all of the things I've done so far.

 
And so that concludes my 28 day challenge. I certainly enjoyed it. I am so glad that I managed to stick to the workouts, even if I did miss the odd one here or there I still added it in at some point. I'm glad I've fully discovered yoga now and tried it because it's definitely something I will be keeping up. I'm tempted to restart the challenge through the rest of the summer and see if I find it easier. I may start following their online schedules again, as they post a new weekly one on their website every Sunday.

These girls will always be a big part of my fitness routines. Even if I go away from them for a few weeks to try something else or follow new routines (normally from  my 'fitness' board on Pinterest!) I will always, ALWAYS go back to them.



Will you be taking on the 28 day challenge any time soon? Would you purchase this book after my review? Have you had a look at the TIU website or followed their online weekly schedule?

No comments