Week 3 Review: Tone It Up's '28 Days to Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous'


We're over halfway through this challenge now, and I feel amazing! Just making the time to have these short workouts has made a huge difference.

So, let me tell you all about week 3...

 
Day 1: I started my morning (6 July) with 'Walk Your Way to Wow' and had a lovely breakfast of low fat Greek yogurt, oats, and honey. In the afternoon I completed 'Bombshell Bonanza', which I could really feel working! Lunch was a salad and dinner was fish and veggies.

My fierce challenge was to 'live in the moment', and a lot of this was about keeping myself in the present. I took some time out at night to do some simple yoga and do some quiet thinking.

My fabulous challenge was to try a new hairstyle. I very often just wear my hair straight and down, but after seeing the TIU girls rocking the sea salt spray that Karena and Katrina have created I decided to buy a similar one (being in the UK means import costs so I have to find the best equivalent here!) It made my hair wavy, thicker, and full of volume. I got quite a few compliments about it.

My bombshell bonus was about shaking up my morning, so I've started to move my phone away from me and night so when my alarm goes off I have to get up to switch it off. This means no snooze button and more time for myself in the mornings!

 
Day 2: Tuesday (7 July) started with Yin Yoga (I am now a real yoga fan) and wheat cereal for breakfast. Lunch was a healthy pitta and dinner was chicken and rice.

My afternoon workout was Fly Me to the Moon, which really confused me and I found it hard to follow with having to check the intensities at which to complete each move. It took me a lot longer than it probably should have done.

My fierce challenge today involved being selfless and helping others, so I helped my Mum with the food shopping and made sure to help every child in the class that I work with in some way, from hearing them read to praising a piece of the work, from giving out stickers to helping them spell a word they found tricky. I know it's my job but it was fun to make sure I helped as many children as possible today.

My fabulous challenge was to share a recipe, and I reposted my mint chocolate smoothie recipe to some TIU friends.

For my bonus challenge I had to leave a note somewhere in public. So at school in the staffroom I left the note 'You are amazing' on a post-it note. It was gone the next morning but I don't know if anyone saw it or who took it. I suppose I shall remain the mysterious note-giver.

 
Day 3: This morning (8 July) I completed 'Rev Up and Rock Out' as my booty call, and did 'Booty Shorts' in the afternoon before dinner.

Breakfast was porridge with cinnamon (not really the season or the weather for it but I really wanted it!), lunch was a wholemeal sandwich, and dinner was a tomato pasta salad.

Being fierce today was to 'be where you are' and being fabulous was about making peace.

My bombshell bonus was to start appreciating every experience and knowing that every moment - even the challenges - make you who you are.

 
Day 4: Today (9 July) I choose to pair 'Walk Your Way to Wow' with 'Bombshell Bonanza' again, like Monday, because I enjoyed these together last time.

In terms of food I had wholemeal toast, fruit and cheese, and fish for dinner.

As today is about 'forgiving' (see above picture from the book) for my fierce challenge I had to 'call a truce'. I didn't contact the person, nor will I mention them, but I've decided that if I ever run into them again that I won't hold a grudge. As today's mantra says 'Letting go of grudges sets me free'.

The fabulous challenge was to 'let it slide', which involved being calm instead of getting cross about something that doesn't go right or go your way. This was a tricky one for me because I am sometimes very impatient, so thinking of this challenge during the day was what got me through it.

 
Day 5: Today (10 July) was a busy day as I have to be at work earlier, plus it was the school fete so I got home a lot later than usual. I didn't get a booty call in (naughty, I know, but let me finish my account for today before you tell me off!) and I didn't get to do my set workout until after 7pm! I also swapped 'Fly Me to the Moon' out for 'Shred and Shine' as I just don't get on with the first. I then did a separate yoga workout late in the evening just before bed. I completed Yin Yoga again, followed by another session online with Yoga with Adriene.

My breakfast was coffee and fruit, my lunch was a wholemeal sandwich, fruit and yogurt, and dinner was a salmon and broccoli quiche.

To be fierce today I had to 'sing my heart out' which I love to do in the car anyway (when I'm on my own though!) and my fabulous challenge was to make my home a 'happy haven'. As our house is new this is quite easy to do as it is already full of the things we love.


Day 6: I started today (11 July) with some HIIT (Rev Up and Rock Out) and then did Amazing Abs and Arms in the afternoon.

My meals included TIU pancakes, breadsticks and cheese for lunch, and homemade healthy burgers and salad for dinner.

To be fierce today I was asked to 'hit the road' and go and explore again (like in week 1). And so me and Mum ended up at a strawberry farm and picked a whole basket of strawberries! It was a lovely experience and I'll definitely be back.

My fabulous challenge was to make myself feel fabulous and rock some confidence.

 
Day 7: And finally today (12 July) was all about love - and tennis as today was the Wimbledon final! - so I took my active rest day and showed my body some love by doing some, you guessed it, YOGA! God, I'm in love with this exercise!
 
Today's food included tea and fruit, I skipped lunch (oops, I was too busy watching the tennis!), and dinner was chicken and rice.
 
My fierce challenge was about showing someone you love them, so I spent the evening cooking with Clay and just spending time with him.
 
My bombshell bonus was to let love in and my fabulous challenge was to 'create a marvellous manicure', but as I have a lack of finger nails (they are very short) I did a pedicure instead.
 
 
So here we are, with only one week left to complete our 28 days. If you're following along, or have already completed this challenge don't forget to share with other TIU members about how you found it.


No comments