Week 2 Review: Tone It Up's '28 Days to Fit, Fierce, and Fabulous'

 
Last Sunday after my blog post went up I looked through the next week's schedule and planned it all out in my journal. I gave myself a good amount of time to look through the week ahead and plan it all out.
 
So, let's get on with the review for week 2...

 
 
Day 1: I started the Monday morning (29 June) with 'Walk Your Way to Wow', which is definitely a favourite of mine, followed by my afternoon workout when I got in from work. Today's was the turn of the 'Magical Mermaid Moves' routine, which was hard work but it was brilliant.
 
I had wheat cereal for breakfast with a coffee, for lunch it was a cous cous salad, and dinner was salmon and veggies.
 
My fierce challenge today was to do something that scares you, so I've set myself the challenge of trying something new this week when I get to a day when I have cardio scheduled. The thought of running kind of scares me as I've never done anything long distance.
 
For my fabulous challenge I had to rock a new colour or something I wouldn't usually wear, so I pulled out the brightest item I owned. I wore a short-sleeved blouse with a white, neon pink, and neon orange print.
 
 
Day 2: On Tuesday (30 June) I did the 'Yin Yoga' for my booty call and then the 'Summertime Sizzle' workout later on, which I found really difficult, but I am proud to say I made it the whole way through.
 
I had a Tone It Up pancake for breakfast this morning, which was lovely. I had it plain with a little bit of sugar-free syrup. Lunch was a chicken pitta and dinner was cod with a baked potato.
 
My fierce challenge was all about making eye contact, which I tend to do anyway as I see it as the polite thing to do so the person who is speaking to you knows that you are listening and communicating.
 
My fabulous challenge was to say YES! This was harder than I thought, but it was inspiring and made me want to watch 'Yes Man'.
 
 
Day 3: On Wednesday (1 July! Happy new month!) I did my main HIIT workout of 'Shred and Shine' as my booty call and then chose 'Go, Go, Goddess' as my afternoon workout, for which I took on my task set on Monday (to do something that scares me), so I ran! Not very far and not for as long as the workout was supposed to last but I tried! This was mainly due to the record-breaking heat that the UK experienced today. It was the hottest July day since records began.
 
Breakfast this morning was fruit and coffee, followed by a lunch of salad and coconut chips, and dinner was chicken and rice.
 
My fierce challenge involved my 'inner artist' so I got the pencils out and started to do some fashion sketches again. Every since I was little I liked to design my own clothes - mostly dresses - so it was fun to have another go at it.
 
My fabulous challenge was very useful today as it involved going through my wardrobe and playing dress up. As we're moving house it meant that I got the chance to go through all of my stuff and sort out what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to throw out.
 
 
Day 4: Thursday (2 July) was a horrible day as I didn't feel very well when I woke up, so I ended up doing 'Yin Yoga' for my booty call, even though I'd planned to do 'Booty Shorts'. I just wasn't feeling up for much. By the afternoon I didn't feel much better but I still managed to work my way through 'Magical Mermaid Moves'.
 
My meals today included fruit and water as I didn't feel up to anything else, I stuck to fruit for lunch as well as I still wasn't feeling like eating, but I managed haddock fish cakes and veggies for dinner.
 
My fierce challenge was about putting myself first and having a non-negotiable list. Mine included the basics, like sticking to my booty call, doing my afternoon workouts after work, and eating healthy meals.
 
The fabulous challenge was all about the lips today, making sure they were well looked after with my brown sugar lip scrub and aloe vera lip balm.
 
 
Day 5: On Friday (3 July) my booty call was the 'Booty Shorts' workout I wanted to do yesterday but didn't feel up to, followed by 'Summertime Sizzle' in the afternoon. The temperature has been sky high this week for the UK so I am proud of myself for sticking to my routine.
 
My fierce challenge involved me asking myself a list of questions from the book, which I won't bore you with as I will just babble on. But I will say that I felt a lot better after going through them and thinking about how these two weeks have made me feel and what I've noticed.
 
My fabulous challenge was to enjoy a bubble bath, but I must say it wasn't a hot one! The temperature was really high even in the evening so I ended up with a cool bath.
 
My food today included cornflakes, a wholewheat sandwich and fruit, and paella.
 
 
Day 6: Happy 4th of July to my US readers! I celebrated a little for you today by making a flag cheesecake (the recipe will follow), but it wasn't the healthiest thing!
 
Today I had another Tone It Up pancake, a salad, chicken and rice, and a small slice of my homemade cheesecake!
 
My booty call was 'Walk Your Way to Wow', followed closely by 'Shred and Shine'. I wanted to get my workouts done today before the temperature got too high to workout.
 
My fierce challenge today was to 'declutter your mind'. I stuck to my bedroom for this challenge as it helped me throw some things out before the move.
 
My fabulous challenge was making a lovely body scrub from a recipe in the book, and let me tell you it smelt amazing!

 
 
Day 7: And finally, Sunday (5 July) started with a booty call of 'Yin Yoga' as it was a rest day. I also added in a yoga workout from 'Yoga with Adrine' on YouTube.

I then had wheat cereal for breakfast with a coffee before heading to the cinema to see Cinderella for a THIRD time! I just love that movie! For lunch I had peanut butter on wholemeal toast, followed by a dinner of meat free sausages and diced roasted potatoes and veggies.

My fierce challenge was to 'do nothing'. Yep, literally nothing! And my fabulous challenge was to have some time away from technology. This one wasn't so easy as I promised a blog post every Sunday during this 28-day plan, but apart from writing this on my laptop I've had a technology-free zone this evening!

 
I'm loving this challenge so far! Bring on week 3!


If you're following this 28-day plan, how are you finding it so far now we're halfway through? If you aren't, has this motivated you to have a go?

No comments