I'm Listening to: My Workout Playlist


In my Week 1 review of Tone It Up's new book I promised to post my workout playlist. This is just a shortened version, but the music totals around 60 minutes. This is handy because I know when an hour is up because the playlist starts again and I recognise the first song.

So here is my playlist:

  1. One Last Time - Ariana Grande (This is my favourite song at the moment and I love doing my cool down or warm up to this song as it's slower in parts so gives me time to stretch)
  2. Worth It - Fifth Harmony (I just LOVE this song! I could listen to it on repeat over and over!)
  3. Booty - Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea (This just has a great beat for cardio exercise)
  4. Black Magic - Little Mix (A really lovely pop tune to lighten the playlist up a bit)
  5. Somethin' Bad - Miranda Lambert ft. Carrie Underwood (I love a bit of country music so this tune featuring my favourite Carrie Underwood makes me really enjoy my workout)
  6. Immortals - Fall Out Boy (My musical tastes vary so much, so sometimes I love to have a little rock music thrown in here)
  7. Start Without You - Alexandra Burke (I'm not a massive fan of her music but I just love this song!)
  8. Bang Bang - Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj (I don't think I will ever get bored of this song)
  9. Trouble - Neon Jungle (I first heard this song on the Victoria Secret's Fashion Show last year and it has been on my playlist ever since)
  10. Bang Dem Sticks - Meghan Trainor (One of my favourite songs on her album, which I am always listening to)
  11. What Are You Waiting For? - The Saturdays (This song has a real club feel to it but the beat is great for a cardio workout)
  12. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift (Because who doesn't love T Swift? I own every albums she's ever made!)
  13. Really Don't Care - Demi Lovato ft. Cher Lloyd (Not really a Cher Lloyd fan but I can deal with it when I hear this song)
  14. Ugly Heart - G.R.L. (This song is just another one of those I could listen to on repeat!)
  15. Cassy O' - George Ezra (There isn't a song by Mr Ezra that I don't like but this more upbeat tune is my favourite)
  16. Bo$$ - Fifth Harmony (I adore these girls! This was the first song of there's I ever heard, and if it's good enough for Michelle Obama's workout playlist it's good enough for mine!)
  17. Salute - Little Mix (This is a real 'girl power' kind of song and really spurs me on during my workout)
  18. Give It 2 U - Robin Thicke (This one just makes me want to dance... a lot!)
  19. Can't Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus (Again, someone else that I'm not a massive fan of but I really like this song)
  20. Tambourine - Eve ft. Swizz Beatz (This is an oldie but a goodie when it comes to my picks for workout music)


There's nothing I love more than to go out for a power walk and have my music on. Of course, I only ever have one headphone in so I can be aware of my surroundings and I take special care when crossing roads, etc.

Normally my playlist is just put on in the morning while I do my quicker workout and then I leave it on whilst I get ready.

What do you listen to when you workout? Do you have a special playlist made for it or is it just your whole music collection on shuffle? Do you think you'll be adding any of these songs to your own playlist, or do you already have them? Keep in touch in the comments below, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest!


No comments