Film Review: Avengers Age of Ultron

 
Anyone who knows me will know that I have been waiting for this movie since the moment the first collaboration film - Avengers Assemble - ended. I am a huge Marvel fan and there is never a single week that goes by where I don't watch at least one Marvel film.
 
So I made sure I was there this week for the UK opening night, in my favourite seat at my local cinema, with my popcorn in hand, and the knowledge that there would be no post-credit scene. Now, if you are a die-hard Marvel movie fan then you were probably just as disappointed as I was when I heard that this little traditional had been left out. There is still a mid-credit scene though so don't miss that, but don't waste your time sitting through fifteen minutes of credits just to be shown the words 'The Avengers will return', as if we didn't already know that!


 
 
In Avengers Assemble I loved the storyline and I especially loved the villain, Loki - played by Tom Hiddleston. I thought that no bad guy could be better than Loki but robot Ultron - voiced by James Spader - is certainly right up there with him now. I still wouldn't say I preferred him to Loki as I would consider myself a Loki fan, because I love the way he does everything. There is something about James Spader's voice that I just love, but then it's the same with Tom Hiddleston.
 
 
This film's storyline is a great one that flows really well and is packed full of action scenes. We also get to find out a bit more about Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson). I don't want to give too much away - although most of you probably know by now if you're a fan of these films - there is an element of romance also included.
 
We also get to meet two new characters who have powers. We first met the twins in a credit scene, if you sat through and watched it, but they become full characters in Age of Ultron as we witness their lightning speed and telekinesis. 
 
 
The film begins with an awesome battle in the search for Loki's sceptre (no more spoilers than that) which I loved as we got straight into some action. Some of the moves from Captain America (Chris Evans) and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) throughout this film were some of the best and most memorable - especially when they team up!
 
The other brilliant part of this movie is the humour. I don't think anything could make me laugh more than the Hulk and Loki scene in the first Avengers film where Hulk smashed Loki around like a rag doll, but there were some that came very close. Look out for a particular scene with newcomer Vision (Paul Bettany) - who you probably know is the voice of Tony Stark/Ironman's creation, Jarvis. The whole cinema erupted when the above scene came on.
 
 
I really don't want to give too much away as I want you all to go and see it if you haven't already. I'm actually going again on Tuesday with my Dad because he said "I'll let you see it and if it's any good I'll go with you another day." Seriously?! As if I was going to come home and say it was rubbish, Marvel had made a dud film, and I'd never watch that again! I came home and woke him up to tell him the complete opposite.
 
 
I think it's pretty obvious I loved this film, so clearly I am going to give it:
 
 
Were you as excited as me for this movie? Have you seen it? What did you think? Share your thoughts with me via Twitter, Instagram, or in the comments section below.
 

No comments